Newly Qualified Teachers Induction
This service will provide schools with an appropriate body to oversee the induction of newly qualified teachers (NQTs) which remains a statutory duty for all schools, academies and local authorities (LAs) but with funding going directly to schools through the DSG. Essex is an accredited appropriate body and is offering the following service to enable schools/academies to meet the requirements.
This programme is aimed at induction tutors and NQTs and will include:
- registration and returns to the NCTL
- opportunities to attend half-day Induction Tutor Training
- access to a support website, ‘NQT Manager’
- an electronic copy of the statutory guidance paperwork, a guide for all involved in the induction period
- telephone and email helpline
- monitoring of all end of term reports for NQTs
- an experienced NQT panel which decides on pass, fail or extensions to the induction period
- regular updates throughout the induction
- free “What You Need to Know About Statutory NQT Induction in Essex” session available to both primary and secondary NQTs
- reduced induction period if applicable
- named contact available for confidential issues
- a monitoring visit to the NQT induction tutor to ensure they have carried out all of their statutory roles and have evidence to support their judgement that the NQT is unlikely to meet induction standards
- observation of a lesson(s) delivered by the NQT to quality assure the judgements made by the school
- discussion with the NQT to listen to their views on the support they have had regarding their statutory entitlement
- feedback to the NQT and co-ordinator with regard to the next steps to be taken to improve the chance of the NQT meeting the induction standards including making recommendations regarding any additional support that is felt to be needed
- being part of a large community of schools who use EES for Schools for NQT Induction
- as a school, you will feel fully supported with the process of NQT Induction
- be safe and secure in your assessment of the NQT
- full support package for the school in the case of an NQT who is failing to meet the required standard
For further information please contact the Essex appropriate body by calling 0333 0139 982 or email us.
The EES for Schools NQT Induction is excellent. The systems in place are easy to use and there is always someone available to offer immediate professional support and guidance. The schedule for monitoring NQTs is well organised, allowing them to progress quickly without the need for unnecessary paperwork.Iain Lelliott, Assistant Headteacher, St Martin’s School, Brentwood
In addition to the programmes listed on this page, we also provide high quality, flexible adviser support tailored to the individual needs of your school. Please email us for further information or to discuss your school or network's needs.
Email Us >>
EES are committed to helping schools achieve the best possible outcomes for all pupils. Our Professional Development team
is part of the range of services we have bought together to work in partnership with you to achieve this.
Learn More >>