Education Finance Support
EES for Schools aim to empower schools and academies to manage their financial resources helping to maximise the funds available to education. The Education Finance Support team can enhance the standards of financial management in your organisation by sharing information, knowledge and skills with Headteachers, Governors and Business Managers.
We have a large team of highly acclaimed Education Finance Consultants with a range of professional qualifications and experience offering support, advice, training and financial management reviews for all schools and academies.
Our highly rated Financial Management Support service is designed to suit the needs of each individual establishment with a dedicated helpdesk and onsite visits covering day to day financial operational tasks, budget preparation, reporting and monitoring, attendance at governors’ meetings, forward financial planning and academy conversion. We also provide Internal Controls Evaluation (ICE) for schools and academies, valuable independent advice on financial controls.
We also offer a wide range of additional, complementary services from recruitment consultancy, information sessions, to training courses for Finance Staff, Headteachers and Governors.
The main services we deliver to LA Maintained Schools, Academies and Free schools are:
- Financial Management Support - for day to day and strategic financial tasks including a telephone helpdesk
- Financial Advice - budget preparation, forward planning, up to date education finance information
- Internal Controls Evaluation (ICE) - independent review of financial controls
- Finance Staff Supply Cover - for short and long term vacancies / sickness or maternity leave
- Recruitment Consultancy - for finance personnel
- Financial Information Network Sessions (FINS) - for school finance staff on current finance issues
- Training - for headteachers, senior leaders, school finance staff and governors
- Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS) – help with / advice on completion of the template
- Financial Management Governance Self-evaluation (FMGS) – help with / advice on completion of the template
Please contact our advice line on 033301 39832 or email enquiries.efs@EESforschools.org for further help or assistance.
In addition to the programmes listed above, we also provide high quality, flexible adviser support tailored to the individual
needs of your school. Please email us for further information or to discuss your
school or network's needs.
Email Us >>
EES are committed to helping schools achieve the best possible outcomes for all pupils. Our Professional Development team
is part of the range of services we have bought together to work in partnership with you to achieve this.
Learn More >>