Step To Teaching
Graduate Internship Programme
EES for Schools is delighted to offer another year of the Step to Teaching programme which is intended to support schools in attracting talented interns. This service is available to all primary, secondary and special schools.
Recognising the need for an additional route for graduates to experience school life before committing to a Teacher Training programme, involvement in this programme is ideal if you are considering School Direct or SCITT placements.
How does it work?
- interns are employed by the school for a maximum of one year, term time only
- schools provide a mentor to ensure the intern has a clear role and development plan
- a shared training programme is provided by the school and EES for Schools
- EES for Schools provides support with marketing, recruitment, assessment and initial induction
- schools support their interns with applications for School Direct or SCITT
Pay and conditions
Interns are contracted to the school on Grade 1 SCP 6 for 25 hrs p/w term time only (£8,499 pa - £15,014 FTE), with the expectation of additional voluntary work to enhance their learning.
If you think your school would benefit from being part of the Step to Teaching programme, please complete the expression of interest form below by Friday 10 March 2017.
Expression of Interest Form
In addition to the programmes listed on this page, we also provide high quality, flexible adviser support tailored to the individual needs of your school. Please email us for further information or to discuss your school or network's needs.
Email Us >>
EES are committed to helping schools achieve the best possible outcomes for all pupils. Our Professional Development team
is part of the range of services we have bought together to work in partnership with you to achieve this.
Learn More >>