Initial Teacher Training
Essex Teacher Training is a large provider of Initial Teacher Training (ITT) in the Eastern Region. As part of EES for Schools, we work with Teaching School Alliances (TSAs), Multi Academy Trusts (MAT) and individual schools to offer high-quality school-based training routes into teaching.
Primary Foundation Stage/KS1 | Primary KS1/KS2 | Secondary | Special
- Step To Teaching Programme: one year graduate internship
- - graduate is employed by your school
- - prepares candidates to apply for ITT
- SCITT: One year ITT programme leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) + Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- School Direct: One year ITT programme leading to QTS + PGCE (opt for salaried) - salaried and non-salaried
- Assessment Only Route: 12 week assessment period - designed for those already teaching in a school that would be eligible to gain QTS without undertaking a full QTS training programme
- Bespoke Phase Specific Training
- ideal for those with a teaching qualification from overseas who needs to improve their knowledge of the UK curriculum
- involvement in the recruitment of trainees for your school
- opportunity to train graduates and subsequently employ a high-quality Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) who is familiar with the local context of your school
- opportunity to join an existing School Direct partnership or be the Lead School for a new partnership in your area
- training for mentors and ITT co-ordinators
- online support coupled with direct face–to-face support from our experienced team
- ideal for those wishing to switch from primary to secondary and vice versa
Key Features and Benefits
Visit our dedicated Essex Teacher Training site to find out more.
In addition to the programmes listed on this page, we also provide high quality, flexible adviser support tailored to the individual needs of your school. Please email us for further information or to discuss your school or network's needs.
Email Us >>
EES are committed to helping schools achieve the best possible outcomes for all pupils. Our Professional Development team
is part of the range of services we have bought together to work in partnership with you to achieve this.
Learn More >>