The governance of schools and academies is demanding and governors have an increasing number of legal responsibilities. The
role of clerk has always been important but research shows that it is now crucial for a governing board to have a professional,
effective and informed clerk who will keep them on track as well as keeping a record of meetings. The value of a good clerk
as a legal adviser should not be underestimated.
The Clerking Agency
EES for Schools Clerking Agency prides itself in providing a service of the highest standard. Appointing one of our clerks will give you the peace of mind that your governing board is fully-supported by a trained, knowledgeable and approachable clerk. In addition to this, you will have the reassurance that the service is supported by a professional, quality organisation.
Our clerks will:
- ensure the governing board adheres to its statutory requirements and is properly constituted by providing advice on governance, constitutional and procedural matters, including liaising with EES for Schools Governor Services and the Diocese
- provide effective administrative and legal advice, including keeping membership records up-to-date
- prepare an agenda and distribute with supporting papers in advance of the meeting, actively attend meetings and produce accurate minutes all within agreed timescales
EES for Schools Clerking Agency offers two levels of service: standard and premier. Our standard service includes preparation and circulation of agenda, attendance at governing board meetings, taking and distributing draft minutes, maintenance of membership records, and advice on procedural and legislative matters. In addition to these features, our premier service offers a higher level of support and access to professional advice on educational issues.
Service Level Agreements
- Standard for Maintained Schools >>
- Premier for Maintained Schools >>
- Standard for Academies >>
- Premier for Academies >>
- The Clerking Agency guarantees a prompt response to all enquiries.
- If your regular clerk is unavailable to attend meetings we will provide a substitute clerk for long or short-term cover.
- When required, we will provide a specialist clerking service to cover staff and pupil disciplinary meetings, appeals panels including pay appeals, complaints panels, investigatory meetings and admissions panels.
As from Summer Term 2017 our new SLAs will come into effect along with the revised MAT offer.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with governing boards to improve the service it offers. The results of our
annual evaluation survey demonstrate our clerks’ expertise, enthusiasm and commitment.
To contact us, please email clerking@EESforschools.org.
In addition to the programmes listed above, we also provide high quality, flexible adviser support tailored to the individual
needs of your school. Please email us for further information or to discuss your
school or network's needs.
Email Us >>
EES are committed to helping schools achieve the best possible outcomes for all pupils. Our Professional Development team
is part of the range of services we have bought together to work in partnership with you to achieve this.
Learn More >>